Friday, May 16, 2008

Nonvitcha and new job!

Last weekend Grand Popo celebrated Nonvitcha which meant tons of people on the streets, day and night, but it also meant no sleep for me as I live next to Place Nonvitcha and they played music until early morning and again at 6 a.m. It was very nice though to take part in a local festival where everyone that has left Grand Popo comes back to meet relatives and friends. I also had lots of visitors as my roof terrace is an excellent people spotting place so all in all it was a weekend filled with friends, music, food, dancing, pick nick and let’s not forget the 11th of May: Bob Marley’s celebration.

On Wednesday Villa Karo celebrated its 8th birthday and yesterday I celebrated the news of getting a new job. So, what can I Say? Plenty of reasons to celebrate. For me the new job will imply moving to Helsinki as the job starts directly in August. I will work as a project researcher at the research institute of Soc o’ Kom in Helsinki. Wohoo. Very happy about that. Now it is raining so bloody much that it is quite scary to be at the computer so… gotta go.

1 comment:

Jeede said...

Sidu sidu.. Hfors för dig o i höst. Me 2. Ja ska bli skolfröken ja, på norssen. :)